Field Projects Manager
December 6, 2023
Job Title: Field Projects Manager (permanent/full time)
Salary: $80 – $100K (depending on experience and qualifications) + performance bonuses
Are you looking to take your construction career to the next level? Shield Foundation Repair is rapidly growing and needs to add a Field Projects Manager to our roster. This person is responsible for understanding each project’s deliverables and creating timelines for different individuals and groups involved in the project to make sure it remains on track. They must be familiar with the goals of the project and the responsibilities of all involved parties and comfortable working directly with customers.
Skills and Qualifications
Based in Edmonton, Alberta, this person will oversee and manage projects from start to finish. They must be organized, pro-active and able to resolve issues arising during the project’s lifetime. Preferred skills and qualifications include:
- Must have – 3 years of working experience in construction, home renovations, home building or restoration.
- Must have – valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Must have – intermediate Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must have – experience running light equipment included skid steer, mini excavator and pulling trailers.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling work, running crews and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preplan jobs based on size, complexity, location, material required, length of time to complete the work and appropriate resources needed.
- Ensure Field Operations is on task and on time through daily discussions with Technicians at the start of the day/job, daily site visits and end of day status updates; ensure Field Technicians understand how long a job should take to complete and make sure the jobs get completed start to finish in a timely manner; periodically required to train Field Technicians in waterproofing processes and use of equipment.
- Ensure crew have all supplies and materials to do the work including proper tools, equipment, weeping tile, sumps, window wells, rock, concrete, etc.
- Assist Field Operations with organizing subcontractors (plumber, electrician, AC, concrete, rock, dirt pickups, equipment, tool rentals)
- Ensure job efficiencies by assigning jobs to crews start to finish; effectively arrange daily schedule based on absenteeism and contact customers with updates if we will not be at their job site as anticipated.
- Manage the use of excavators and equipment.
- Organize and do site inspections.
- Communicate daily progress updates.
- Provide accurate estimated start dates.
- Coordinate with Estimators to prepare change orders, engage engineers and obtain engineering documents.
- Lead daily job status meetings so Estimators can provide timely responses to customer inquiries.
Process and Paperwork
- Ensure work order packages are complete prior to submitting for invoicing (including work order copies, change orders, checklists, 1st call reports, engineering drawings and sign off, relevant notes)
- Ensure carpentry is complete (deck/fence replacements, minor repairs),AC units replaced, concrete replaced or on list for replacement.
- All tasks not completed must be noted on file and monitored for completion via applicable spreadsheet/tracking.
- Arrange Call Before You Dig.
- Manage and arrange top ups and concrete replacement.
- Attend and participate in safety meetings, toolbox talks, Field Technician and leadership training. o Participation and implementation of safety programs including COR.
- Order job specific material and manage inventory.
- Manage job costing.
- Timesheet tracking for accuracy and to ensure approved time. o Expected to suggested process efficiencies and best practices.
- Attend company functions as required.